VOLTTRON 1.0 – 1.2
- Agent execution platform
- Message bus
- Modbus and BACnet drivers
- Data logger
- Device scheduling
- Device actuation
- Multi-node communication
- Weather service
- Advanced Security Features
- Guaranteed resource allocation to agents using execution contracts
- Signing and verification of agent packaging
- Agent mobility
- Admin can send agents to another platform
- Agent can request to move
- Enhanced command framework
- Modularize Data Historian
- Modularize Device Drivers
- Secure and accountable communication using the VIP
- Web Console for Monitoring and Administering VOLTTRON Deployments
- Documentation moved to ReadTheDocs
- VOLTTRON Configuration Wizard
- Configuration store to dynamically configure agents
- Aggregator agent for aggregating topics
- More reliable remote install mechanism
- UI for device configuration
- Automatic registration of VOLTTRON instances with management agent
- Tagging service for attaching metadata to topics for simpler retrieval
- Message bus performance improvement
- Multi-platform publish/subscribe for simpler coordination across platforms
- Drivers contributed back for SEP 2.0 and ChargePoint EV
- Maintained backward compatibility with communication between zmq and rmq deployments.
- Added DarkSky Weather Agent
- Web Based Additions
- Added CSR support for multiplatform communication
- Added SSL support to the platform for secure communication
- Backported SSL support to zmq based deployments.
- Upgraded VC to use the platform login.
- Added docker support to the test environment for easier Rabbitmq testing.
- Updated volttron-config (vcfg) to support both RabbitMQ and ZMQ including https based instances.
- Added test support for RabbitMQ installations of all core agents.
- Added multiplatform (zmq and rmq based platform) testing.
- Integrated RabbitMQ documentation into the core documentation.
- Update libraries to appropriate and compatible versions
- String handling efficiency
- Encode/Decode of strings has been simplified and centralized
- Added additional test cases for frame serialization in ZMQ
- Syntax updates such difference in handling exceptions, dictionaries, sorting lists, pytest markers etc.
- Made bootstrap process simpler
- Resolved gevent monkey patch issues when using third party libraries
RabbitMQ Message Bus
- Client code for integrating non-VOLTTRON applications with the message bus
- available at: https://github.com/VOLTTRON/external-clients-for-rabbitmq
- Includes support for MQTT, non-VOLTTRON Python, and Java-based RabbitMQ clients
Config store secured
- Agents can prevent other agents from modifying their configuration store entry
Known Issues which will be dealt with for the final release:
- Python 3.7 has conflicts with some libraries such as gevent
- The VOLTTRON Central agent is not fully integrated into Python3
- CFFI library has conflicts on the Raspian OS which interferes with bootstrapping