VOLTTRON Restricted Code¶
Volttron Restricted adds a broader security layer on top of the volttron platform. If you are interested in this package please contact the volttron team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- NOTE: Once the package is installed all aspects of the package will be enforced. To override the behavior add no-verify, no-mobility, or no-resource-monitor to the configuration file.
The Volttron Restricted package contains the following security enhancements:
- The creation and usage of platform specific Certificate Authority (CA) certificates.
- Multi-level signing of agent packages.
- Multi-level verification of signed packages during agent execution.
- Command line and agent based mobility.
- Allows developer to customize an execution contract for required resources on the current and move requested platform.
The following pages describe the functionality exposed by the Volttron Restricted package:
Note: VOLTTRON-Restricted supports VOLTTRON 2.x and is being update to VOLTTRON 3.5
VOLTTRON-Restricted requires a software development tool called SWIG (>=2.0.4). To install VOLTTRON-Restricted, follow the steps below. Enter all terminal commands from the VOLTTRON directory.
Extract the VOLTTRON-Restricted code to a new directory. These steps assume the location is
Install VOLTTRON-Restricted dependency:
sudo apt-get install swig
Activate the VOLTTRON Platform (note the space after the period):
pip install -e ~/volttron-restricted